Five Key Benefits to Transportation Spend Management14 Jul 2014, by Blog, Logistics Outsourcing, Transportation Spend in
When you are trying to decide the best ways to improve your firm’s bottom line, it can be overwhelming to look at all the options. If your organization uses any type of freight shipping, one key way to reduce overhead and improve the customer experience is by implementing a transportation spend management plan. Check out these five important reasons why transportation spend management is vital for companies large and small.
- Save Money Upfront — If your transportation spend is well-organized, it only makes sense that you will pay less for your services. This up-front savings is money that you can turn around and reinvest into improving your firm in other ways.
- Negotiate Lower Rates in the Future — With the data that you have available, you can show shipping companies what a valuable customer you are. This may allow you to negotiate even lower rates in the future. Potentially, your savings may grow.
- Provide Premium Customer Service — You can provide the best service for your customers when you have more data available. A transportation spend management program can make this data available to you and allow you to pass it on to your customers.
- Reduced Labor Costs — If you have everything automated within your system, it will take fewer man-hours to make sure everything is done correctly. A transportation spend management program can save you money on labor too.
- Regulation Compliance — As state and federal regulations become more complex it becomes more important to keep good records of every that leaves your facility. Part of Transportation Spend Management is to make sure you comply with all the regulations in place today and in the future.
There is much more information available on this subject. One great place to start is by downloading 4Way Logistics’ whitepaper “5 Questions You NEED Answered about Transportation Spend Management” on the subject. It’s free! Download it today and then feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. We would love to help you better understand how important shipping and freight logistics is to your operations and your bottom line!